Books and Articles by Sheila Margolis
Dr. Sheila Margolis has published books and written book chapters on organizational culture and managing change.
1. Building a Culture of Distinction: FACILITATOR Guide for Defining Organizational Culture and Managing Change
Building a Culture of Distinction: Facilitator Guide for Defining Organizational Culture and Managing Change is the Facilitator Workbook for the people leading the Building a Culture of Distinction program.
Buy the eBook version for your Kindle or iPad device.
- A comprehensive, step-by-step, do-it-yourself guide with activities and tools to define, shape and manage your organization’s culture
- Your guide to lead a Core Culture definition workshop
- A four-phased process for managing change in your organization
- Organizational assessment questions and activities to define the unique culture of your organization
- Numerous options for defining your culture–choose the method that works best for your organization
- A program to infuse a united focus and a feeling of community throughout your organization
- An auditing process to build an aligned workplace that is principle-focused, purposeful and personally fulfilling
- Dozens of embedded Facilitator Notes placed strategically throughout the guide to seamlessly direct you through the process
- Tools to ensure that your culture becomes the powerful force that drives your business
2. Building a Culture of Distinction: PARTICIPANT Workbook for Defining Organizational Culture and Managing Change
Building a Culture of Distinction: Participant Workbook for Defining Organizational Culture and Managing Change is the workbook for employees participating in the Building a Culture of Distinction Program.
- Background information on the the Five Ps and alignment
- Worksheets and practical tools so everyone participates
- Participant materials for a Core Culture definition workshop
- Solutions to guide each employee in living the culture every day
The Building a Culture of Distinction Program guides organizations in using culture to manage organizational change. First, you will learn how to define your Core Culture–the Purpose, Philosophy and Priorities. Then, you will conduct a Core Culture Alignment Audit to evaluate changes needed throughout the organization to live the principles and values that will generate success. Finally, you will create a Core Culture Alignment Plan to guide everyone through the change process.
3. There Is No Place Like Work Workbook Job Seeker Manual: A Step-by-Step Guide for Finding the Right Workplace for You
A step-by-step guide for your job search–to find the right workplace
- Activities to evaluate if a workplace culture is right for you
- Tools such as your personal Job Seeker Map defining your purpose and the principles that matter to you
- Questions to use to define the Core Culture of a prospective company
- A framework to guide you in your job search to evaluate your fit with the culture of the company
Buy the downloadable version here of the JOB SEEKER book now! Visit the product page.
4. There Is No Place Like Work: Seven Leadership Insights for Creating a Workplace to Call Home
- A practical business parable with case examples of the Core Culture principles
- The path to achieve organizational success and find personal meaning through work
- Seven insights that successful organizations use to produce compelling results
If you’d like to buy more than one copy at a discounted price, contact Sheila here.
5. Organizational Identity, Future Organizational Images and the Construction of Organizational Identification in a Merger Environment
Dr. Margolis’ dissertation on organization culture and change–Organizational Identity, Future Organizational Images, and the Construction of Organizational Identification in a Merger Environment, Doctoral Dissertation (1998)–explains the original research for her work.
Dr. Margolis has also written articles for magazines–print and online– and journals on organizational culture, managing change, visioning, strategic planning, and employee engagement. Read now about how you can create a winning workplace.