The Building a Culture of Distinction program is a four-step process for bringing needed change to an organization. Use this process to guide you in using culture to drive change.
The steps of the organizational change process are as follows:
1. Define the Core Culture of your organization
- Define your organization’s central principles—its Purpose and Philosophy—that describe the organization’s contribution to society and distinctive character.
- Build on that identity-defining foundation by establishing the strategic Priorities that will enable your organization to compete and thrive.
2. Audit for alignment
- Audit your Internal and External Practices and Projections to evaluate their alignment with the Core Culture–the Purpose, Philosophy, and Priorities.
- Calculate your Alignment Index and provide recommendations to improve alignment.
3. Develop a plan to improve alignment
- Develop a Core Culture Alignment Plan to improve alignment of Practices and Projections with the Core Culture.
- Set measures to improve alignment.
4. Implement the plan and monitor success
- Execute the plan to weave the Core Culture principles throughout the organization so everyone lives by the principles that will generate success.